Frequently Asked Questions
What is Skinnies?
Skinnies is a Sunscreen Revolution™. It’s the first sunscreen using waterless Organogel technology in the US.
No water? why is this so great?
Most, if not all, sunscreens are diluted with 50-70% water, so you have to use loads and reapply often. Not Skinnies! Skinnies contains NO water which means the soft spreadable gel forms a layer on top of your skin holding the UV filters in place. It dries in 2 minutes, isn’t greasy or white and you only need to apply a pea sized blob to your face, neck and ears for instant long lasting UV protection. Cool huh?
How does it work?
The Organogel base forms a film on top of your skin, holding the UV filters in place. It stays on top of the skin. Use Skinnies thoroughly and sparingly for instant long lasting UV protection. A little goes a long way!
What’s in the product range?
We’re launching in the US with 2 products:
- Skinnies SPF30 Sungel broad spectrum 40 minutes water resistance (brown tube)
- Skinnies CONQUER SPF40+ broad spectrum 80 minutes water resistance (black tube)
What's in Skinnies?
Skinnies is made with minimal ingredients for maximum efficacy. It is not 100% natural though it includes natural ingredients. The packaging is also recyclable. Our website has more detailed information and ingredients lists.
- The base Organogel is a soft, spreadable gel that goes on clear and dries in 2 minutes. In CONQUER we’ve added beeswax to boost the water resistance!
- UV Actives - Skinnies uses 4 x UV filters to protect against the full spectrum of UVA and UVB. In CONQUER we’ve replaced Avobenzone with Zinc Oxide (non-nano) to boost the SPF.
- Skinnies DOES NOT CONTAIN Oxybenzone or Otinoxate.
What's NOT in Skinnies?
No water, no preservatives, no parabens, no fragrances, no alcohol, no PEG, no perfumes, no colours, no emulsifiers and no nano-particles, no oxybenzone and no octinoxate. No water particularly means we’ve eliminated a lot of potential skin irritants.
Is Skinnies tested and certified?
Skinnies is third party laboratory tested and complies to the US FDA regulations for sunscreen. Skinnies does not test on animals (we test on humans and they’re willing and happy about it!). Skinnies is vegan friendly. Skinnies is broadspectrum which means it provides UVA and UVB protection.
Skinnies is good for babies and over eczema (we recommend a patch test!). Skinnies lasts 24 months from opening the tube.
Anything not answered here, visit our website gotskinnies.com, get in touch at email@example.com or ask the Skinnies crew member that sent you these FAQs!